|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Aquarium Tank Basics
Any new aquarium tank should first be given a thorough test to ensure that it is watertight. If after 12 hours there are no leaks, it may be emptied and placed in its final position.
Now all is ready to set up the aquarium, for this work we shall require various items such as sand, rocks etc. These will be death with in order. For making a bottom soil, you need, first of all some sand, the most suitable is called 1/16th grade and it is about the size of the average pin-head:
The gravel to be used must also be graded; that is, the gram must be of uniform size. Sand and gravelís sold in aquarium supply stores are always graded, but if you buy elsewhere they may nor be. Gravel grains 2-5mm work best.
If you use nothing, but sand, it must be well washed-in buckets, under running water until no more dirt or foam comes to the surface - and spared out on the bottom of the tank in a layer running from 3- 6cm thick sloping upwards from front to back. If you decide to mix the sand with gravel to make at least a layer 6cm deep on top of the subgravel filter since less than this amount reduces the filtering capacity of the tank.
Your tank is the basic element, and is of the most important in building an aquarium. The size of the tank depends on the number and size of fish you plan to have in it. That is why proper planning is quite essential when you want to set up aquarium.
But then it is important to make it as big as you can afford. By all means avoid a globe tank as much as possible. Rectangle shape is always good because of various reasons you will discover later.
Option 1: You can buy ready made glass tanks already sealed professionally set up aquarium tank at any aquarium store.
Option 2: Buy ready-made plastic models through distributors or mould-extrusion manufacturers and put your aquarium tank together yourself. Below are the tools you need and the steps you need to take to set up completely new aquarium tank:
Other than that, I'll give you my 12 essential aquarium tips below is a great start on your way to having a beautiful aquarium full of happy and health fish that you can be proud of:
1. Location of the tank in a spot which is draft free and has a moderate amount of light for 8 to 10 hours. This will ensure the safety of the tank and the inhabitants.
2. Location of the aquarium tank where water spillage a day will do no damage, at a height convenient for working, and in a place where it will not have to be moved.
3. Proper sand gravel (not too large, not too fine).
4. Conditioned water - free of chlorine, dirt, excess hardness, excess acidity, or excess alkalinity. Hard, acidic, dirty water is not suitable for an aquarium. It will make life uncomfortable for fish and leads to constant fish death.
5. Availability of plants properly place is highly essential.
6. Proper, even temperature for the fish species.
7. Decoration and furnishing if you desire them.
8. Aeration to supply additional oxygen.
9. Filtration to remove excesses waste products.
10. Fish which will live peacefully together.
11. Food to keep them health.
12. Kits and utensils to make maintenance easy.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure