| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us |
This site is an archive of old articles

    SEARCH ARTICLES
    Custom Search


vertical line

Article Surfing Archive



Wooden Picnic Tables - Simple But Good. - Articles Surfing

I recall helping my dad build our first wooden picnic table when I was a kid. It was a simple design, from plans that he got out of the library. It looked exactly like all of those wooden picnic tables which you see when you go out to the park, except a bit more rustic. My dad liked the roughhewn look in his wooden picnic tables, as he did in all of his furniture, and that saved us quite a bit of valuable time in sanding, coating, and all of the other bits that often go into a more refined level of furniture .

Living in Canada, with its harsh winters, we went through plenty of wooden picnic tables, but we never purchased a single one. My father did not believe in buying anything that he could have fun making on his own, and wooden picnic tables were no exception. Some quite nice, sturdy pine could be had very cheaply around our home, and he made quite a side occupation for himself out of the fabricating and fashioning of furniture. He would even sell some of it off after my mother told him that the house was quite messy enough, thank you very much.

But of course, the wooden picnic tables were my favorite.

I greatly enjoyed to sit out in gardens, parks, and other places where I could commune with the great outdoors, just day dreaming and looking off at the sky. Even to this very day, I am a great dreamer, but back then, I was second to none.

I have never put much stock in all of the newfangled wooden picnic tables which you can buy today. The ones shaped, like eight sided, or circles, the ones which are really just thinly camouflaged dining room furniture never did it for me.

Give me a plain bench where I can stretch out and look at the sky after I have finished eating, and I will be a happy man. That is what I like so much about the quintessential wooden picnic tables. The bench is such a standard and versatile design, good for sitting, lying, cuddling, dozing, and just about anything else that you could want to get up to in the outdoors!

Submitted by:

Tyson J Stevenson

Tyler J Stevenson writes on a variety off topics, always with valuable news or quality reviews. Darn Good SiteBest Picnic TablesPicnic Table Plans



        RELATED SITES






https://articlesurfing.org/short_stories/wooden_picnic_tables_simple_but_good.html

Copyright © 1995 - Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).










ARTICLE CATEGORIES

Aging
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Automotive
Business
Business and Finance
Cancer Survival
Career
Classifieds
Computers and Internet
Computers and Technology
Cooking
Culture
Education
Education #2
Entertainment
Etiquette
Family
Finances
Food and Drink
Food and Drink B
Gadgets and Gizmos
Gardening
Health
Hobbies
Home Improvement
Home Management
Humor
Internet
Jobs
Kids and Teens
Learning Languages
Leadership
Legal
Legal B
Marketing
Marketing B
Medical Business
Medicines and Remedies
Music and Movies
Online Business
Opinions
Parenting
Parenting B
Pets
Pets and Animals
Poetry
Politics
Politics and Government
Real Estate
Recreation
Recreation and Sports
Science
Self Help
Self Improvement
Short Stories
Site Promotion
Society
Sports
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Web Development
Wellness, Fitness and Diet
World Affairs
Writing
Writing B